Tuesday, March 27, 2012

vienna boys choir:imperial chapel vs musikverein?

I will be traveling to Vienna in September and was interested in hearing the Vienna Boys Choir. I know they perform at Sunday Mass at the Imperial Chapel and I also see that there is a performance at the Musikverein on Friday evening. My main question is if the concert at the Musikverein is primarily in German which I do not speak a word of. If I attend this concert will I understand anything?




|||



I do not understand your question as the Church Mass will be in German. too. The participation of the Boys Choir is very limited and you probably will only hear and not see them due to the situation of the church. It is quite small





I do not know which concert you wish to select at the Musikverein but any will offer good sighting of the Choir ,in a perfect venue with a concert devoted to their singing.



Yes, most will be in german but music is universal and understanding german is not essential. In addition to the nature of the concert audience you should be certain to find some music in english or other languagews.



In my opinion- the Musikverein a much better choice.




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 08, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment