Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Six days trip to Austria from 12 dec to 18th Dec:Pls advise

I along with my friend would be visiting Austria for 6/7days.Itinerary is as follows:12th Dec morn arrival at Vienna from Amsterdam.18th dec departure from Vienna .I intend to see salzburg and adjoining areas(Bavaria region if possible Munich) and Vienna.How do I plan my itinerary in Austria.What can I expect as far as weather is concerned.Should I make salzburg as my base.Also where to stay in salzburg as far as reasonable accomodation is concerned.We would prefer Bed and breakfast or pension type accomodation.



Regards



Rituparn




|||



Temperatures are low, but not as cold as in January/February! In Salzburg you could even see snow. Due to the distances I would not assign a %26quot;base%26quot;. Start in Vienna, and proceed to Salzburg and Munich. From Munich take the train back to Vienna (Airport).




|||



I agree with mickey, I would start in Vienna, proceed to Munich with several stops and then return to Vienna.





Maybe it would be best to start your trip right away when you arrive from Amsterdam and stay in Vienna before your departure to avoid hassle.





12th leaving Vienna airport for Salzburg



13th Salzburg (explore city)



14th daytrip to the Salzkammergut area



15th leaving for Munich and visit the Bavarian area on your way



16th Munich



17th leave for Vienna early morning



18th Vienna





http://www2.salzburg.info/



http://www.salzkammergut.at/



http://www.neuschwanstein.de/



www.muenchen.de/home/60093/Homepage.html



info.wien.at/article.asp?IDArticle=9010




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 11, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment